Thursday, May 31, 2007

Boy, you never know how much you rely on your laptop until the day your laptop ceases to function. Basically, I've been a bad blogger lately, and that's my excuse. I just can't sit at a desk and write anymore. I. Just. Can't. Apparently, I need to be comfy on a couch, chair, or on my bed, or maybe downtown at a coffee shop. Does anybody else have this problem, or is it just me? It's like when I went from antenna tv to cable tv. Or dial-up to high-speed. Or regular cable to DVR cable, TiVo style. I just can't go backward, technologically speaking at least.

My iMac, or as I call it, The Mother Ship, still serves its function as e-mail repository (gotta be 30,000 messages in there by now) , iPhoto (hundreds of pics going back to the day I bought my Canon Digital Elph) and iTunes library, which is fast gobbling up the few remaining gigs on my harddrive. But for news browsing, working my fantasy teams, writing press releases, and blogging, it's a laptop or bust. This despite the news story I heard on the radio this morning about laptops causing back problems. (Not sure if this was the source story or not, but you'll get the gist.)

Good news is, I'm adopting a new MacBook! It's coming home to me on June 13 from NYC via my pal Ronald of SeacoastMacSupport fame. Who knows, he may forever be known as the man who saved the Buzz Blog!

No comments: