Friday, April 11, 2008

Local Girl Makes Good



Yep, this is my pizza girl. I've been visiting Savario's Pizza, a little hole-in-the-wall on State Street in Portsmouth, almost every Friday night for... I dunno... A decade? (If you're a pizza lover, check them out. See reviews here and here. Personally, I recommend the 12" red with spinach and sausage.) Often, a teen-aged Gina Catalino was working the register for her dad, pizza-making genius Frank. But a couple years ago, she flew the coop of Portsmouth to launch her budding music career. As you can see, she's done pretty well for herself! Her music is featured on the Showtime TV show "The L Word" and just last week she visited NBC studios for the live performance you see above. Check her out on MySpace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What?!?!?!
You haven't made the claim that you "discovered" her?
I am stunned.